Wednesday 8 February 2012

My Concoction: WEEK ONE REVIEW - Neem oil, Coconut Oil, Hemp Oil and Shea Butter



Ok, so I've been using my skin moisturising concoction for a little over a week now and I'm pretty impressed thus far! I have had some itchy sessions, but overall the look and feel of my skin has improved, no red or inflammed areas (provided I haven't been scratching!) so I can ditch the hydrocortosine for now.

When i made up this concoction again I think I may have got the amounts a little muddled as it wasn't as moisturising as the first, plus I added vitamin e, so I added more shea butter which seemed to solve the problem, as the cream wouldn't 'set' properly either after I'd microwaved it!! What I will note though is that today, I put some Cetaphil on my skin FIRST, then used the concoction afterwards and I had immediate silky smooth, soft skin, so I'll be moisturising in this order from now on! I may have to make a bigger amount of the moisturiser as this little jar means having to redo it every week.  And lastly, I'll be adding 1 opened capsule of starflower oil to my new cream when needed.

To be honest, I had a bad scratching session last night which I feel has set me back a bit, but I must march on. I have a doctors appointment on Friday and will post about that shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment