Thursday 22 March 2012

Starflower (Borage) oil - Month 1 review


Hi all :) Let me give you some info on the brand and dosage of Starflower oil I'm currently using:

500mg Staflower oil, 104mg GLA (Gamma-linolenic acid), 10.0mg Vitamin E per capsule. I take 2 per day to ensure I get enough GLA, however, I am thinking of upping this to three per day.

The brand I'm currently using is Tesco's own brand.

Starflower oil capsules are one of those things you're not sure is/isn't working as it's an internal process. What I will say is that I believe they are working to help my skin retain moisture. My skin has also been quite smooth lately, but again, this could be attributed to other things I'm doing, but I believe it's partly the starflower oil at work.

I have another three bottles of this which will take me up to June, so I'll definitely keep taking them at least till June. The sun is shining lately, so maybe this could be part of my winter regime to help my skin cope. I may take this oil from October to April. If I feel my skin reacts badly to it's withdrawal I'll surely add it again!

Oh, and by the way, I also pierce and add 1 to 2 capsules into the concoction I make.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences with Starflower oil! Please include dosage and GLA level.

No comments:

Post a Comment